Why Design and Build
We are often asked about the advantages of design and build over using an architect and employing your own carpenter. It's a great question, and with over a decade of design build experience under our belts, we feel it is time we share the fantastic advantages you will enjoy with a design build contract.
- Involvement: Design build operates under the assumption that you, the client, want to be an active participant in the design and build of your home. By being involved, you are guaranteeing that you get the design, specification and quality you require, in other words what you want is going to be achieved. We've found that such involvement is inspiring and gives people a lasting sense of pride about their home.
- Everybody is on the same team: We're all in this together, and we all have the same goal - to build a beautiful home that exceeds your expectations. When challenges are encountered on a build, and there are always challenges, pointing fingers is not an option. Everyone works together to ensure the best possible result is achieved.
- Total accountability: One company is accountable for everything - including design, how much it costs and the timeline to completion. When the same team that designs the project also builds the project, there tends to be much more attention given to pricing and scheduling in the design phase. The cost of everything is taken into account early on in the process; all fees, construction costs, utilities, landscaping - everything.
- Continuity: A design build company is involved from start to finish, which adds an inherent efficiency. The chance for things to fall through the cracks is greatly diminished.
- Expertise: Design build companies are experts in both fields. It takes years of experience to recognise good design, and we ask you to insist on it from our design team. Building a home, your most valued possession, shouldn't be left to those who are inexperienced or haven't had at least 15 years of building experience. The team members at Style Construction have all had a minimum of 15 years experience. Experience and reputation count, you don't become a Registered Master Builder if you get it wrong.